Image Map

14 October 2013

Bare Minerals Customizable 8-Piece Get Started Kit.


The wonderful Bare Minerals Customizable 8-piece Get Started Kit. How I love you so.

For anyone who is signed up to Bare Minerals mailing list, you may have seen the 5 Days of Complexion emails, which offered a different offer each day on their most popular complexion products.

I had wanted to order this kit previously during the 20% offer, but the shade I wanted, Fairly Medium, was out of stock in the Original foundation range. When I seen the email offering £5.00 off the price - £45 down from £50 - I couldn't resist. The kit is worth £108.00.

The kit contains:
  • Your choice of full-size foundation from the Ready, Original or Matte range, including chose of shade.
  • Original Mineral Veil finishing powder. 
  • Prime Time Foundation Primer.
  • Warmth All-Over Face Colour.
  • Full Flawless Face Brush.
  • Flawless Application Face Brush.
  • Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush.
  • How-to DVD, which shows you how to apply the products using Bare Minerals' Swirl, Tap & Buff method

Now, I am not a great fan of foundation. It tends to sit too heavily on my skin, shows off all my dry patches, and some brands just don't work with my skin. I tend to use tinted moisturisers instead, although Liz Earle's foundation wears pretty well on my skin. 

I have heard lots of good things about Bare Minerals, so when my kit finally arrived in the post, I ripped it open and quickly found myself in front of the bathroom mirror swirling, tapping and buffing away. 

I have been using the primer, foundation and mineral veil so far, applying the powders with the Full Flawless Face Brush. I love the products, and Fairly Medium is such a lovely colour and matches my skin well. The mineral veil adds a lovely, airbrush effect finish. 

The Full Flawless Face brush gives fuller coverage, where as the Flawless Application Face Brush gives light to medium coverage. I have applied the products with both brushes, and to my surprise I preferred the finish I got with the Full Flawless Face brush. I tend to be a more subtle look kind of girl!

I haven't tried the All Over Face Colour yet. The powder looks very dark in the pot, however I am keen to give it a go. 

Overall, I am really impressed with the kit and products, and will definitely be buying the foundation and mineral veil again. While I like the Prime time primer, I would be keen to try alternative products, as foundation primer is something I have never properly tried before. 

The kit is great value, and I would recommend anyone wanting to try Bare Minerals for the first time to consider buying this kit. 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for the lovely comment, I always reply as quick as I can.
If you have asked a question, make sure to check back :)